Why use a CompetentRoofer?
- Save money by reducing red tape for both the property owner and the roofing contractor
- The self-certification covers ALL roofing sectors, domestic, commercial and industrial and applies to ALL roofing disciplines
- Reassurance that the roofing contractor is regularly inspected, competent and complies with Building Regulations
- All domestic work carried out will automatically receive a 10 year insurance warranty which includes breach of Building Regulations and Contractor Insolvency
- If you do not comply, the work will not be legal. You could be prosecuted and face a fine of up to £5000
- The Building Regulations Completion Certificate will be sent directly to the property owner on completion and LABC will be notified. You will need this Certificate when you come to sell your home.
- Report a Roofer’ hot-line which allows CompetentRoofer companies to report incidents where they suspect a building owner or company failing to comply with Building Regulations
- Dedicated complaints procedure
- Reassurance that the work being carried out complies with Building Regulations so there is no risk that the work is unsafe
Certified CompetentRoofer in Suffolk
CompetentRoofer is a government-authorised competent person scheme, allowing roofers to self-certify that their refurbishment work abides by building regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.
To find out more about the CompetentRoofer scheme please click here, or call Scofield & Lait Roofing Ltd today on 01473 603 696